Chaos Corona v8 Free Download
Realism without the headaches.
Chaos® Corona delivers high-quality, physically based shading for production rendering. Be an artist, not a technician, and achieve realism with greater ease than other rendering software.
Easy to use
Usability is Chaos Corona’s most powerful feature. Render setup is as simple as pressing “Render”. Most new users learn Corona in just one day — and fall in love with it in two.
Chaos Corona is yours for under $50 per month or is even more economical at $318 per year with an annual plan. No hidden fees. No strings attached.
Part of an ecosystem
As a Corona user, you are backed by the award-winning Chaos family. Expand your capabilities with Chaos tools guaranteed to integrate smoothly with your favorite render engine.
What’s new in Corona 8
Discover how Chaos Corona 8’s new features, including Chaos Scatter, Chaos Cosmos, Corona Decal, and Corona Slicer, can invigorate your productivity and amplify your creativity.
Chaos Corona 8 Quick Facts
- Chaos Cosmos – Instant content for your scenes, at no charge, accessible within your 3D software.
- ACES OT – just one of the new operators in the Tone Mapping stack, but we’re calling it out on its own as it’s one we are sure you will love. No settings required, just enable it and enjoy the final look this gives your image.
- Chaos Scatter – Add rocks, plants, and other details to your scene with ease.
- Corona Decal – Easily add surface details or imperfections, including displacement, from within the 3D viewport, reducing the need to fiddle with UV placement, making it the best-in-industry solution for decals that we know of.
- Customizable Tone Mapping in the VFB – More realistic results with greater customization options, as you can now create your own customizable stack of tone mapping controls.
- Corona Slicer – Create easy cutaways that can be animated, which are faster, more forgiving on topology, and have none of the instability of geometry-based booleans.
- Corona Curvature map – Add dirt or wear-and-tear to objects with ease.
- Cryptomatte support – A masking option that works with motion blur and depth of field, to make post-processing easier than ever.
- Adjustable PBR reflection tail – Even more realistic materials allowing for “softer” reflections without the blurriness of Roughness/Glossiness.
- Caustics Include/Exclude control.
- That’s many more “Quick Facts” than any release before, but there’s even more to talk about – you’ll find a full introduction to every Corona 8 feature, large and small, below.
Why Chaos Corona?
EASE OF USE
Usability is our most powerful feature. Render setup is really as simple as pressing “Render”. Most new users learn Corona in just one day — and fall in love with it in two.
Chaos Corona delivers predictable, reliable, and physically plausible results with no compromises in quality. Realistic lighting and materials, including caustics, are yours right out of the box. The Corona Forum and Gallery section provide great examples of this.
POWERFUL WORKFLOW TOOLS
The output quality and speed are not the only things that make a great renderer. That is why Corona comes with many “little” workflow tweaks that will make your life much easier.
Time is money, so you need to create your scenes quickly and easily. Corona comes with a substantial collection of premade content – from models and assets to skies and materials – which will help you build your world in record-quick time.
Our design goal for Corona materials is to make them physically based, yet intuitive, flexible, and easy to set up.
The whole process of creating lights is designed to give artists complete control over their scene while being fast and intuitive…
SPEED & INTERACTIVITY
A usable renderer must always deliver final results as fast as possible and react to the user’s actions in a split second. And that is what we are always looking for.
As a relatively young company, we have the luxury of being able to do things differently right from the start. We have taken a different approach not only in development but also when creating our pricing options.
We understand how important it is to be able to “bend” physical laws to deliver the results your clients expect. So Corona supports numerous reality hacks which allow you to get exactly the effect you desire.
Welcome to the Chaos family! As a Corona user, you are backed by the Oscar and Emmy award-winning brand, and you can expand your capabilities with essential tools, guaranteed to integrate smoothly with your favorite render engine…
Rendering with multiple computers at once is essential for any real production. Corona facilitates this in multiple ways – for example, it has its own distributed rendering system, and it is compatible with the Backburner and Thinkbox’s Deadline render farm management systems.
PROUDLY CPU BASED
Chaos Corona does not need any special hardware to run. It uses the CPU and you can run it on any processor from Intel or AMD released in the past decade.
Note: See the Details page for information on the 3ds Max version and the Cinema 4D Version.