Auto-Rig Pro 3.65.24 Free Download Auto-Rig Pro is an addon for Blender to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export, with presets for Unity and Unreal Engine. First developed as my own in-house rigging tool, i’ve released it a few years ago and it expanded quickly thanks to great support from the community!
Rig fast with the Smart feature
For humanoid characters, the Smart feature can automatically place the bones to speed up the process, after adding the green markers. The result remains editable.
Non-humanoid characters can also be rigged without the Smart feature, manually (horse, dog…).
Based on a non-destructive workflow, the final rig remains easily editable anytime after its generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Built for performances, allowing fast animation playback.
Character examples: Mike (free), Anna, Kevin, Nina and Alex
Important note about skinning: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. Knowing the bases of Blender’s skinning tools, weight painting, to fine tweak the bones influences is recommended. Read the doc for more informations.
If you encounter any bugs please report it. Updates are free and will remain free. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation to solve common issues.
Modular – Fully Featured
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, wings, toes, spine bones, multiple neck bones, tail, breasts, ears and much more. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs… or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
Wings limb for advanced feathers rig:
Spline IK limb to rig ropes, tentacles, IK spine…
Advanced Spline IK
3 bones IK for quadrupedal creatures:
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures… The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. It’s universal: works with Auto-Rig Pro, Rigify, custom rigs… Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Video: Remapper demo
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, to proven engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine.
2 export types: Universal to export the skeleton of any creatures, and Humanoid for bipeds only, with options for easy retargetting and root motion.
- Support of multiple twist bones for optimal volume preservation in game engines, where dual quaternions skinning is not possible (top: single twist bone, below: 4 twist bones)
- Unit conversion to initialize the scale transforms values to 1.0 in Unity and Unreal Engine
- Unreal Mannequin compliant: support Mannequin bones hierarchy, bone axes conversion, bones naming for UE4/UE5
- Automatic A-Pose
- Support full facial rig, and advanced bones. “Twist” mode for secondary controllers, wrapped on bendy-bones for smooth curves effects, leading to 1:1 export compatibility in Fbx format
- “Soft-Linking” for cheap stretchy bone effect, Fbx compliant
- Actions are baked to the simplified rig
- Animated shape keys (blend shapes) support
- Selective/multiple action export
- Root motion support
Note: Glb/Gltf export is not yet embedded with Auto-Rig Pro, but the Cascadeur to Game Engines addon supports it!
Bring your poses to the next level!
The secondary controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they’re dedicated to fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc. Three deformations mode in option: Twist (exportable to Fbx and bendy-bones based for best compatibility), Additive (exportable to FBX), Bendy-Bones (Blender only).
Just use them instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Corrective shape keys can be created easily with a dedicated tool supporting IK-FK bone chains:
ChildOf Constraints Switcher
Easily switch and snap from one ChildOf constraint to another with the automatic ChildOf switcher (universal tool, compatible with any rig)
- Remap: Multiple animation retargetting
- Remap: New “Fake User” setting to keep the remapped action even if not used. Always enabled when retargetting multiple animations
- Remap: New modes for IK poles: “Absolute”, “Relative:Target”, “Relative:Chain”. So far it was always set to absolute, which means evaluating the true IK pole vector (which could lead to IK flipping in case of straight angles) unless “Auto-Pole” was checked, which is the equivalent of “Relative:Target”. The new “Relative:Chain” mode operates as if the IK pole is a child of the first bone in the IK chain, which can lead to better results.
- Remap: Improved the IK pole position
- Remap: New world space for IK, to solve issues when the character is turning
- Rig: New teeth and tongue settings for facial
- Rig: New Arm Lock setting to change the FK upperarm parent space
- Rig: Fingers Rot From Scale setting for the thumb
- Rig: New Sticky Lips feature to keep the lips sealed when the jaw is raising
- Export: Bone renaming using a custom file
- Export: Support for UE5 humanoid skeletons
- Smart: Presets for UE4 (4 spine bones, 1 neck, 1 twist) and UE5 skeletons (6 spine bones, 2 necks, 2 twists)
- Version: Fixed frame range values being float types in Blender 3.1 instead of integer, leading to an error
- Version: Fixed the mesh conversion error in Blender 3.1.2
- Export: Fixed error with UE4 legacy option
- Export: Error with relative file path for bone renaming
- Export: Error when exporting fingers to Unity humanoid, introduced by the new UE5 humanoid settings
- Rig: Duplicating facial bones was leading to incorrect bone names
- Remap: Throw an error if the root bone has no target
- Remap: Straight IK bones chain were not fixed automatically in some cases
- Remap: Retargetting while it’s already bound was not working